|ms blogger has a tea party|
|Joan’s choc chip cookies|
- § Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F.
- § Mix together the butter with the sugars. Add the lightly beaten eggs, a little at a time, then the vanilla.
- § Add the flour bit by bit, and the BP, soda, and salt.
- § Now add the oats. You will be using a wooden spoon by now.
- § Add as many raisins, nuts and choc chips as you like. About ¾ cup of each is probably about right with maybe more of the choc chips.
- § Roll into balls the size of walnuts. The ones in the photo are a little bigger than that. Use the oven baking tray. No need to grease it. Place in the middle of the oven.
- § Cook for 12-15 mins.They turn a lovely light brown colour and smell divine. Wait a min or two before removing from the tray with a spatula otherwise they are a bit soft and may break. Place on rack to cool before putting in tins.
|rolling the dough into balls|
|cooling on the rack|
2. If you have an opened bag of brown sugar, make sure you slip in a bit of bread before closing it up again. This will absorb the moisture and keep it soft. Otherwise it will go as hard as stone!
3. I had actually run out of raisins for this particular batch of cookies so instead used dried cranberries! Most dried fruit is interchangeable, I have discovered.
|on the table and ready to serve|
About the blog:
Thanks from your faithful blogger!